
I am so excited to be heading home tomorrow. It has been a wonderful trip out west, but I am ready to get back to Indiana. Now don't get me wrong...I will miss the beautiful scenery that I have very much enjoyed in Oregon, but there is nothing like going home. It has been a long trip away from home, and I am looking forward to the joyous reunion with my family.
Today, I had the awesome opportunity of going hiking at Smith Rock State Park. It was a gorgeous day, and I was not disappointed with the scenery either. When God created the heavens and the earth, He definitely had an eye for beauty. So, I wanted to share a little bit with you about what God was teaching me and speaking to me on the hike today. We arrived to the parking lot of the park and headed for the trail. I was quickly surprised when I realized that in order to get to the trail we had to go down quite a big ravine to get the the river basin. So, let me share a little insight about me with you. I am not fond of heights, I struggle with a fear of falling, and I don't like going down hills. So, I definitely had my work cut out for me from the beginning of the hike. I immediately began praying and asking God to help me get down this large steep hill to the trail head. The trail itself was covered with loose gravel, and I didn't pack my hiking boots on the trip so I was wearing the best option I had, which still wasn't the best footwear for this type of hiking. Little by little, I made it down the hill with my heart racing, adrenaline pumping, and praying fervantly. Then we began our hike on the river trail. The trail followed the river, and we still had some ups and downs on the trail. I continued to talk to God about my fear, and the hills we were ascending and descending, because we all know when you go up a hill you will have to go down. He continued to affirm me that I could trust Him fully and He would help me get down each hill. It was a constant conversation that we had all morning, and He continually reassured me that I could trust Him and He would help me. How true is this in our daily life. We each have ups and downs throughout life, but God is always there saying trust Me, and I will get you through. Trust me, I will keep you safe, trust Me I will give you a firm footing. It was a wonderful lesson to remind me that I truly can trust my Savior, Jesus Christ in all circumstances in life. Do you?
The hike was gorgeus, the object lesson practical, and it all was worth it.

No comments:
Post a Comment