Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Time

It is hard to believe that I have not posted since I returned home from Oregon, but at the same time it isn't hard to believe! Life is so busy. Each day for the last week or so I have had Eliot ask me how many more days it is until Christmas? With each answer I give him, he responds by saying that is too long, and then he pouts. This year, the Christmas season has been a lot of fun because Eliot is understanding so much this year. Christmas is so fun to share with children. When you ask Eliot what Christmas is all about he quickly answers, "Jesus' birthday!" What a great feeling as his mom knowing that he is already understanding what the season is truly about. Last night Caylin had her Christmas program at school. She did a great job being the lamb for the nativity scene. She scurried out on stage on her hands and feet, and it brought tears of joy to both Josh and I. She was so adorable, and we are so proud of our big kindergartener. She is reading so well, and excelling in school. Josh also had his work Christmas party last night (it was a busy evening). We had a nice time celebrating with his co-workers. Each year they have an awards ceremony and give out 5 or 6 awards to their top employees. He was awarded last night for Service Excellence. He works so hard, and I was thrilled that he was honored with an award. Today the kids and I went to a friends house to bake Christmas cookies. We all had a good time, and enjoyed the fun time together.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

It was nice to share in your Christmas! Love you all!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable "LITTLE LAMB" and her handsome cookie-baking brother.
Congratulations to Josh on your award!
Love from Grandma Verva

lindasix said...

Hi Charissa. It is good to see your blog. The pictures are adorable!!!