Well...today Tara and I ventured into Seattle for the day. I woke up to beautiful Seattle weather. I was cold and rainy. So, we bundled up, I grabbed my rain coat and we drove into the city. I was amazed at how hilly downtown is. I am used to flat Indiana, and I never thought that a city would be built around hills!
We went first to Pike Place Market. It was everything I hoped it would be and more. I loved seeing all the unique things that people were selling. Of course, I got to see fish being thrown, and fresh produce. Tara and I enjoyed a crumpet at The Crumpet Shop.
We then strolled down to the water front where we had lunch at Iver's. I had never had chowder before so I had my first cup of clam chowder today. I also had fish and chips. After lunch I went to take a picture of a fire boat and I got pooped on by a seagull. Welcome to Seattle!!
After lunch we made our way to the original Starbucks, and I enjoyed my favorite drink of the season a cheg latte. After Starbucks we made our way back to Tara's, but stopping at Boeing on the way and of course shopping for Tara. What a fun day!


No comments:
Post a Comment