Monday, October 26, 2009

Thoughts

It is hard to put into words what I have been thinking and feeling lately. Lots of emotions really. So much is going on in our family lately that it is hard to put into words all that has been happening. I have been inspired by my lovely sister in law to get back to blogging. I looked at my blog and the last post was in December of 2008.....wow, things sure have changed in the last 10 months.

Josh and I are now pastoring a church in Indy, and have been for 5 months now. They are amazing people, and we are so blessed to be at Capitol Christian Center. God's hand was so evident in taking us to Capitol and He continues to work and bless us through the church. Josh is having to work bi-vocationally so this can be a challenge at times, but God is faithful and we know the day will come when he will be full-time at church. With this new position comes a new role for me....pastor's wife. I have felt since I was a little girl that I would be a pastor's wife someday. I have decided that I am going to be me, and ask God to use me in this new role as He sees fit. I certainly don't have a clue how to do this on my own, and there definitley isn't any "training" for this new position. I couldn't be any prouder to be Josh's wife in this new position for us. Prayers for our new ministry would be greatly appreciated.

We are also expecting baby number 3.....it is amazing how things can change in 10 months!!! Josh and I are so excited to be adding again to our family. It is hard to think about at times, and I wonder how I will handle 3 kids. I had a mom tell me that after 2 kids you go from playing one on one defense to a zone defense. This makes sense to me, and I trust that God will help Josh and I be able to play the best zone we can. We are having another little boy, and he is expected to join our family sometime in late January. I am doing things very differently with this birth and baby. I have changed docs, hospitals, and am having a doula at the birth. My goal is an unmedicated, and intervention free labor and delivery. I have also decided to go the cloth diaper route this time. I guess I just want to do things differently all around this time. Not that my other two experiences were bad, I just want things differently this time. Please be praying for Josh and I as we are preparing for this upcoming birth, and big change in our life.

On Friday, October 16th my brother Jeremiah had a sentence hearing in Grant County pertaining to some poor choices that he had made while at a previous job. The hearing totally rocked his family and the whole Six family. He was sentenced to 4 years in prison and 12 years on probation. I still have a hard time not replaying the scene of my brother being handcuffed and taken out of court. You never expect to have to see that happen to a loved one. My sister in law has been such an inspiration to me. I am amazed at her faith, her honesty, and her perseverance. If you want to read more in detail about this please refer to her blog, she has done a beautiful job writing her journey through this. I am so proud of her, and she has inspired me to start blogging again. She has two blogs:

http://godbringyourblessings.blogspot.com
http://indianaprisonwife.blogspot.com

Feel free to read her journey, and please be praying for her, my brother, and my 2 nieces and nephew. Their world has been shaken, but they are relying on God during this time. He is OUR Rock and Fortress. Please also pray for my parents.

Josh and I are in the process of getting our house ready to put on the market. We feel that God is directing us to sell our home. We have made some poor financial decisions in the past, and we ARE getting out of debt and feel that this is a part of getting out of debt. We have read an amazing book called The Blessed Life by Robert Morris. I encourage you to read it, it will challenge you to live a radical life for the Kingdom. We want to live radically for Jesus, and are limited in doing this because of our debt, and debt is a curse that God does not intend for us to live under. So, it is time for us to make radical changes, and get out of debt in a radical way!!! Please pray that we would have wisdom beyond our years as we prepare for the upcoming decisions we have to make. Please also pray for favor for us as we sell our house, that it sells quickly, and that we get a fair price for our home. We are planning on listing it with a realtor in January. It would be great if God would bring someone along to buy it before we list it so we can save several thousand in realtor fees. Please also pray for strength for me as there is a lot of labor that needs to be done around the house, lots of fresh paint, new carpet, new floor in kitchen, packing, packing, cleaning, cleaning...and remember baby is coming in January!!! We need God's strength and perfect timing. It is overwhelming just to think of all that needs to be done.

My little brother Tim left this week to start his career in the US Air Force. He will be going through flight school for the next 2 years, and then will serve in the Air Force as a pilot for 10 years after he completes flight school. Please pray for him and his wife Nicki as they are adjusting to the new life. Nicki is finishing up at Purdue in nursing and will join him in Texas after graduation in December. Pray for them as they spend the next couple of months apart.

As you can see, there have been lots of things happening in the past few months. This is just a small glimpse of all that is happening. Please keep praying for Josh and I and our kids, and all of the Six family. God is our strong tower, our help in time of need.

2 comments:

lindasix said...

Praying for you, Charissa. We love you all.

Sarah said...

Nice to receive your update...it's hard to imagine the baby will be arriving in just a few months. Love you! I feel so blessed that you are my friends. Keep me posted on your address change...