Thursday, October 29, 2009

Rest

It is so easy to just stay busy with life, and not take time to sit and rest at the feet of Jesus. Lately, I have been keeping myself busy instead of taking the time I need to to sit at His feet, and REST. Going from one thing to the next is so much easier and less painful than sitting and waiting for Him to speak to me. There is a song by Kari Jobe that has meant so much to me lately:

The More I Seek You

The more I seek You
The more I find You.
The more I find You, the more I love you.

I wanna sit at Your feet, drink from the cup in Your hand.
Lay back against You and breathe, feel Your heart beat.
This love is so deep, its more than I can stand.
I melt in Your peace, it's overwhelming me.

Today, while there are many things demanding my attention at the moment, I choose to rest, to sit at His feet and wait. Hear His heart beat, and melt in His peace.

This is what I need, and this is what I choose for today.

No comments: